• Straddle the kettlebell with feet slightly wider apart than shoulder width.
• Squat down with arm extended downward between legs and grasp the kettlebell handle with overhand grip with both hands.
• Position shoulder over the kettlebell with taut low back and trunk close to vertical.
• Pull the kettlebell up off floor, slightly forward, just above height of ankles.
• Immediately dip down slightly and swing the kettlebell back under hips.
• Quickly swing the kettlebell up by raising upper body upright and extending legs.
• Continue to swing the kettlebell back down between legs and up higher on each swing until height just above head can be maintained.
• Swing the kettlebell back down between legs.
• Allow the kettlebell to swing forward but do not extend hips and knees (as would be required to continue the swing).
• Slow the kettlebell's swing and place on floor between feet in original deadlift posture.