• Side of shoulders
• Medial deltoids
How To Perform Safely
A good exercise to isolate the side of the shoulders, toning or giving you an all important v-shape!
• Hold the dumbells in front of your hips with a neutral (inverted) closed grip.
• With feet hip width apart.
• Elbows slightly bent.
• Inhale and raise you arms so that your hand is shoulder height (shoulder abduction)
• The little finger slightly higher than the index finger palms towards the floor.
• The elbows should be locked throughout.
• Exhale and lower (adduct the shoulder) back to the start position under control
• Keep spine straight
• Always control the movement
• Move weight quickly on the upward part, slower downwards
• Pause momentarily at the top.
• Keep torso still.
• Look straight ahead.
• The movement should be similar to pouring water out of a jug.
Cable lateral raise, upright row